More and more people ask me, “what do you love about Las Vegas?” I often get asked this question because I decided to stay here instead of leave. So… I usually name off a few things, the person nods their head, and they either agree or say, “I never thought of that.”
I do love Las Vegas. So let’s just do this… Letterman style.
TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE LAS VEGAS:
10. Major airport, with flights to anywhere
9. People visit often, I’d never be able to see as many people as I do anywhere else
8. Most everything is new (I like new, not old)
7. Unique history (what other city is known for The Rat Pack, The Mob, and Elvis)
6. Best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment in the world (pretty much every store you ever dreamed off, besides IKEA – someone get on that)
5. Great sunsets & sunrises, gorgeous mountains (maybe that’s two or three)
4. Best people watching ever
3. The weather (I never have to do the seasonal change over, my closet sits as is… and I don’t have to clean my car off)
2. No state taxes
1. Free parking
And if I could add one more it would be the big city/small town feel. I run into people I know all the time. I like that. I feel a strong sense of community here, even though Las Vegas Boulevard is full of people I’ll never know.
I do realize a couple of my numbers include a few reasons, not just one. It’s tough. I need a top 20 I think. When it comes to entertainment there is no end. Expensive and cheap. Pools, man made beaches, the best concerts, live music for days, world class shows. We have that covered to no end.
Okay, I could probably go on and on. Feel free to add your own with a comment.
Viva Las Vegas, I say!